Tarantino's next film, about the Manson family murders back in the '60s, is now being prepped at Sony Pictures, but if the Star Trek pitch goes well, Tarantino might be asked to direct the film, with Abrams set to produce. Then, Abrams would produce the film. and Tarantino might direct! And he's shared that idea with fellow director J.J. Abrams (currently working on "Star Wars: Episode IX").
So, where did Tarantino's potential Star Trek gig come from?
The Hateful Eight director pointed to Star Trek: The Next Generation's "Yesterday's Enterprise" as one of his favorite of the franchise. "You could take some of the classic Star Trek episodes and easily expand them to 90 minutes or more and really do some unbelievable, wonderful stuff".
Big changes coming; Hours away from Arctic air arriving
While it will be a frosty cold start in the morning, look for those high temperatures to climb into the low 50s by the afternoon. The mild temperatures seen over the weekend are not going to last, and the mercury is set to drop in the coming days.
Last year, the "Pulp Fiction", "Django Unchained" and "Reservoir Dogs" screen legend confirmed his plans to retire after his tenth movie, adding: "Hopefully, the way I define success when I finish my career is that I'm considered one of the greatest filmmakers that ever lived".
The crux of Tarantino's argument was that the best Star Trek episode scripts could easily be expanded into a 90-minute movie.
Making things even more uncertain for another Star Trek film, Paramount recently announced that they have ended their financing deal with China's Huahua Media, a deal meant to finance a quarter of the films that Paramount produced over the next three years.
He has never taken the reins on a franchise, though he did once direct an episode of ER and a couple of episodes of CSI.
- Dem plans to force House floor vote on impeaching Trump
- NVIDIA SHIELD TV is getting Nintendo Wii games in China
- Honor 7X with 4GB RAM launched, available in India from Dec 7
- Around 50 leaders set for Paris climate summit
- #MeToo Movement In Running For Time's Person Of The Year
- Mueller spent $6.7M in Russian Federation probe
- Instagram Introduces Private Archive To Automatically Save 24 Hour Stories
- How to Sign Your Child Up for Facebook's New 'Messenger Kids'
- Rep. John Conyers Announces Retirement Amid Misconduct Accusations
- San Marcos mourns first officer killed in line of duty