After an extended absence that resulted in a production shutdown, director Bryan Singer has been fired from Bohemian Rhapsody, EW has confirmed.
"While, at times, we did have creative differences on set, Rami and I successfully put those differences behind us and continued to work on the film together until just prior to Thanksgiving", he continued. The "growing tension" also led to an altercation between the two, T.H.R. reports; in one confrontation, Singer threw something at Malek. A man who claims he was sexually abused by the "X-Men" franchise director Singer said Thursday, April 17, 2014, that he reported the molestation to authorities at the time, and does not know why charges were never pursued.
Despite being over a year away, one of next year's most anticipated movies was quickly pegged to be already Bryan Singer's Bohemian Rhapsody.
Fox said Bryan Singer will not return to set to finish directing "Bohemian Rhapsody". At first, it was announced that Borat star Sacha Baron Cohen was to play the role of Queen frontman Freddie Mercury, but after disagreements over the direction of the film, it was eventually announced that Mr. Robot actor Rami Malek was to take over the role.
Elon Musk to Say Bye to His Own Tesla Roadster
Falcon Heavy rocket is a part of SpaceX's fleet along with Falcon 9 and the Dragon spacecraft, to colonize Mars by 2024. It will be in deep space for around a billion year if it does not blow up during ascent.
After Singer didn't return to the set after Thanksgiving break and Sigel had to step in before production was shut down, Fox made a decision to fire Singer under his pay-or-play contract. His prolonged absence was the final straw, and so the studio chose to terminate his contract.
With only two weeks of filming left a new director is expected to be named soon. In his absence, cinematographer Newton Thomas Sigel stepped in to help direct for several days of shooting.
Singer's disappearances also reportedly caused problems with his cast, including Tom Hollander, who plays Queen's manager and reportedly threatened to quit the film over Singer's behavior.
THR claims that a representative from the DGA has been on set to monitor the situation, which has apparently turned so toxic that Singer is said to be suffering from PTSD. "Bohemian Rhapsody" is now slated for a release date of December 25, 2018.
- GM pursues autonomous ride-share as 'biggest business opportunity since Internet'
- Big changes coming; Hours away from Arctic air arriving
- 'House Of Cards' back on - without Kevin Spacey
- Baker Mayfield headlines 2017 Heisman Trophy finalists
- Burqa-clad Taliban attack Pakistani college leaving nine dead, over 30 injured
- Florida Teen Was Scared to Leave Country With Former Coach
- Around 50 leaders set for Paris climate summit
- Oklahoma stakes playoff spot with win over TCU
- IOC: Russians can compete at Olympics, but without flag
- Lavrov Claims US Trying To Provoke North Korean Leadership