An FIR was registered under a terrorism act at Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) centre in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa's capital city of Peshawar.
It is also expected that the militant group would also release detailed footage of the attack, received through the streaming. Security measures were already heightened around the country for Eid Milad-un Nabi, a Muslim holiday commemorating the Prophet Muhammad's birthday.
"ATI was apparently their actual target but they misled the attackers saying it was an intelligence agency office", the official claimed. In a statement, the militant group said its members had attacked a safe house of the Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate, the country's spy agency.
This is not the first attack on a university in Pakistan.
Rickie Fowler fires seven birdies in a row at Hero World Challenge
Overnight leader Charley Hoffman (72) faded to second at 274 with England's Tommy Fleetwood (67) and Jordan Spieth (69) tied for third at 12-under 276.
Mr. Zeb said two militants took positions on the ground floor and another two took hold one floor above as they carried out the attack.
"Afghan Director General Military Operations (DGMO) is now visiting Pakistan and the evidences of TTP sanctuaries [in Afghanistan] were handed over to him", the DG ISPR added. The complex includes offices, a teaching institute and a hostel.
Another trainee, Saleh said that the terrorists shot everyone who was roaming around.They were breaking doors down to attack other students. Some were in critical condition, authorities said.
Security forces in the clearance operation seized an explosives-laden vest, hand grenades and several assault-style rifles that the attackers had been carrying. "While 25 others, including students, police and troops, are injured", Peshawar police officer Bashir Dad told Efe news.
Information for this article was contributed by Ishtiaq Mahsud of The Associated Press.
- Victoria's Secret Models Under Fire After Singing N-Word Backstage
- Super "Frost" moon this weekend
- The only supermoon this year is coming up on Sunday
- GM pursues autonomous ride-share as 'biggest business opportunity since Internet'
- Big Ol' Scott Frost-Nebraska News Drops While He's Coaching UCF Game
- Florida State Seminoles coach Jimbo Fisher to take Texas A&M coaching job
- Who's smarter, dogs or cats? One study says it has the answer
- Shkreli's Wu-Tang Album, Picasso Eyed for Forfeiture
- Lashing out at news media, Trump brings up Joe Scarborough conspiracy theory
- 'General framework' in place with both Giants, Cardinals on Stanton deal