Allardyce was due to attend the club's USM Finch Farm training complex this afternoon in order to complete the formalities of a deal that is reported to be worth £9m over 18 months.
Allardyce is returning to management six months after resigning from his post at Crystal Palace, having said at the time that he had "no ambitions to take another job".
Allardyce became the club's new manager on Thursday after signing a £6million-per-year deal
But his seven-game tenure has been little short of disastrous, with Everton losing five games and winning just one. But the chance to turn around Everton's faltering ship has lured him back, and Allardyce is expected to have a watching brief at Goodison Park on Wednesday night.
Despite claiming a 3-2 win over Watford, the Merseyside club suffered defeats to Leicester City (2-0) and Southampton (4-1) in the league while also crashing out of the Europa League thanks to humiliating losses at the hands of Lyon (3-0) and Atalanta (5-1). He will oversee the team's Saturday fixture against Huddersfield.
While Everton spent more than £130 million this past summer on signings such as Gylfi Sigurdsson, Jordan Pickford, Michael Keane and Davy Klaassen, in addition to adding Wayne Rooney on a free transfer, the Toffees have struggled to cope with the exit of leading scorer Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United. But that turned sour after only one match, with Allardyce stepping down in September 2016 following a newspaper sting.
Officer-involved shooting in Arlington mall
A robbery suspect was shot by a police officer at a Texas mall this weekend after police say he pointed a fake gun at them. Cook said the police are working with the District Attorney's office to file the appropriate charges against Dodd.
- Microsoft launches 'Azure Location Based Services' Public Preview
- Civilization VI First Expansion "Rise and Fall" Announced, Coming In February
- Croatian state TV reports Praljak has died
- Jennifer Hudson and David Otunga split
- HDMI 2.1 spec released, ushering in new era of dynamic HDR video
- Samsung launches Burgundy Red Galaxy S8 in Korea
- LeBron ejected for first time in career
- Will the Real CFPB Acting Director Please Stand Up?
- Google Introduces Datally, an App That Saves You Data
- Franken breaks silence, says he's 'embarrassed and ashamed'