Speaking during a media briefing in Lagos yesterday, Juliet Ehimuan-Chiazor, Google Nigeria Country Director said, "For the last few years, our Next Billion Users team has been doing a lot of research on the ground in fast growing Internet countries like Nigeria". However if you still don't mind checking it out, head on over to Google Play for the download.
Understand Data Usage: First, the app allows users to understand their data usage.
The app also tells users when they're near to a public Wi-Fi spot, allowing them to logon and save on their monthly data package.
Tests of the app in the Philippines had shown that Datally could help save users up to 30 per cent on their data, Google said.
Tiger Woods paired with Justin Thomas on PGA Tour comeback
He looks healthy and that's all I care about. "I've been playing tournament golf for 37 years, so I've hit a lot of golf balls". Tiger Woods , after being away from the sport for nine months, is finally set to return for the Hero World Challenge .
However in this day and age where unlimited data plans are pretty much everywhere, not everyone has the need for such an app, save for those in emerging markets where data might be limited and/or expensive.
With Datally, you can save more and do more with your data. Other than this, the application features a Data Saver mode, to block background data usage and even tracks the real-time data consumption of the running app.
Datally, however, is more than just a way to monitor data use. The app install size is 4.8MB and once you install the app it asks for a number of requisite permissions.
She said that directions were also given for one to be able to locate the Wi-Fi and once one was connected to a network, it was important to rate it in order to help others in the Datally community find great Wi-Fi. So, the next time you open the app, all the notifications will already be sitting there, and no fresh data will be consumed.
The app itself is very simple and stylish, and easy to understand as well.
- Coaching changes at Ole Miss, MSU have fans reeling
- HDMI 2.1 spec released, ushering in new era of dynamic HDR video
- Police foil Melbourne New Year's Eve 'terror plot'
- How to fix the massive macOS root security bug
- Minister Susan Shabangu Congratulates Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters for Winning Miss Universe
- Officer-involved shooting in Arlington mall
- Trump calls Sen. Warren 'Pocahontas' at event honoring Native American vets
- Angela Merkel offered path to fourth term
- Chinese Fake Trees Driving US Christmas Tree Growers Out of Business
- Civilization VI First Expansion "Rise and Fall" Announced, Coming In February