The Tel Aviv district court judge's injunction ordering the services to stop from Wednesday came after a court challenge from a taxi drivers' union and a separate ride- hailing app. The Uber defense was apparently insufficient to convince the court that the new company adapted its system to conform with Israeli law and administrative regulations.
Uber had argued that its app, which began as a night-time service and expanded to day-time operation this month, should be categorised differently as passengers' payment was created to cover car-maintenance expenses and not to profit the drivers.
Uber said it would halt its ride-sharing services in Israel - known as UberNIGHT and UberDAY - but its service allowing traditional taxi-booking through its app would remain. The company had been sued by Israeli cab drivers as well as Gett, a taxi service that previously was called GetTaxi.
The court specifically banned UberDay and UberNight, the company's private-car services in Tel Aviv.
Actor Rance Howard, father of director Ron Howard, dies at 89
Last January, his wife Judy Howard died. " A Beautiful Mind ", directed by Ron Howard , won the award in 2001. Rob said, "A depression-era farm boy, his passion for acting changed the course of our family history".
The Tel Aviv District Court issued a permanent injunction yesterday morning (Monday) prohibiting Uber from operating in Israel.
Uber launched its pilot ride-sharing program in Israel previous year, but has faced opposition from the Transportation Ministry, which filed suit against the company in May for violating regulations.
"We are committed to working with the Israeli authorities to explore how technology can improve our cities with safe and affordable transportation alternatives".
Another case is pending against Uber in Israel.
- Glee actress Naya Rivera accused of domestic battery
- Police foil Melbourne New Year's Eve 'terror plot'
- Supreme Court to hear Hadiya today
- Congressman steps down from top post amid sexual harassment investigation
- Angela Merkel offered path to fourth term
- Tiger Woods paired with Justin Thomas on PGA Tour comeback
- Minister Susan Shabangu Congratulates Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters for Winning Miss Universe
- Coaching changes at Ole Miss, MSU have fans reeling
- Will the Real CFPB Acting Director Please Stand Up?
- Infiniti introduces 2019 QX50 ahead of LA Auto Show outing