Lawyers for Mr. Flynn and Mr. Trump declined to comment.
The meeting further raises the possibility that both sides could be discussing a possible plea deal, the network news reported. A spokesperson for Trump's legal team later confirmed that Flynn's lawyer, Robert Kelner, had informed Trump's team that he was stopping discussions about issues related to the ongoing probe of the Trump administration by Mueller's team. What Flynn - who's had a multitude of foreign contacts through his consulting firm - knows that might pertain to that investigation is mysterious at this point, but the fact that his lawyers have quit communicating with President Trump's lawyers could be a sign that Flynn may be ready to cooperate with Mueller.
Mr. Flynn, a retired lieutenant general who previously led the Defence Intelligence Agency, became the White House national security advisor after Mr. Trump took office on January 20 this year. "He also traveled with his father to Russia in 2015 for his now famous appearance at a Moscow dinner where he sat next to Russian President Vladimir Putin".
Will the Real CFPB Acting Director Please Stand Up?
McLeod advised all CFPB staff "to act consistently with the understanding that Director Mulvaney is the acting director of the CFPB".
Lawyers for Flynn, President Trump's one time national security adviser, notified the president's own lawyers that they could no longer discuss the special counsel's investigation into Russian meddling in the United States election and possible collusion with the Trump campaign.
Flynn resigned as national security adviser this past February, less than a month into Trump's first term, when it was revealed that he had lied about conversations he'd had with Russian officials about potential sanctions relief.
Sources who spoke to ABC News said that if the former national security adviser had made a decision to work with the special counsel, it would likely be to take the pressure off his namesake in a "third party credit" deal, wherein prosecutors offer leniency to another person in exchange for the principal subject's cooperation.
- Coaching changes at Ole Miss, MSU have fans reeling
- Actor Rance Howard, father of director Ron Howard, dies at 89
- John Wall Set to Miss Time With Injury
- Black Friday nets Amazon boss Jeff Bezos a $100bn fortune
- Body found hanging in Nahargarh Fort in protest of Padmavati
- Chinese Fake Trees Driving US Christmas Tree Growers Out of Business
- Angela Merkel offered path to fourth term
- Florida Teen sought in grandmother's death detained in Buffalo at Canadian border
- Glee actress Naya Rivera accused of domestic battery
- Trump calls Sen. Warren 'Pocahontas' at event honoring Native American vets