The online retailer's shares jumped more than two percent in anticipation of the extra income from the sales, causing 53-year-old entrepreneurs own fortune to go up by $2.4 billion (£1.8bn) to $100.3 billion (£75.2 bn), further securing his title of world's richest man. He owns 78.9 million shares of Amazon, worth $93.6 billion. In the process, he became the first billionaire since 1999 to build a 12-figure net worth.
Now, as online shoppers gear up for the holidays with some sweet Black Friday deals, Bezos has regained the top spot and skyrocketed past the coveted $100 billion mark.
According to Bloomberg, this year itself, worth of Bezos rose by around $34 billion.
Commentators point out that Amazon's upswing followed Friday's broad market push that saw the Standard & Poor's 500-stock index hit another record at 2602, the first time it has closed above 2600.
Robinho sentenced to 9 years in prison over sexual assault
For the other four, accused of gang rape while taking advantage of the woman who was drunk, the trial was suspended. He is now with Atletico Mineiro and made his last appearance for the national team against Colombia in January.
According to the analysts, the online spending shoots up 18.4 percent over the last year and the remaining festive days of the year will continue to boost the online purchases. A number of other business investments are also managed through Bezos Expeditions.
However, on October 27, 2017, Bezos again surpassed Gates on the Forbes list as the richest person in the world. It also makes him the most recent person to rack up a 12-figure fortune since Bill Gates managed the milestone nearly two decades ago, in 1999.
That was in 1999, during the internet stock bubble.
- Infiniti introduces 2019 QX50 ahead of LA Auto Show outing
- Apple Rumored to Be Readying a New Budget-Friendly iPhone for 2018
- Derrick Rose Taking Leave From Cavs, Contemplating Retirement
- Xbox Store Black Friday deals available until November 27
- Glee actress Naya Rivera accused of domestic battery
- Mueller's Team Investigating Kushner's Contact With Foreign Leaders
- Ohio State comes back to down MI
- Will Move Supreme Court On AIADMK's 2 Leaves Symbol, Says TTV Dhinakaran
- Lawyers hold anti-Pak protest over Hafiz Saeed release
- Soldier on leave found dead in J&K