December 25, which falls on Monday and December 26 will be holiday on account of Christmas.
When asked about the Opposition criticism of the delay in convening the session as well as the change in the normal schedule, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ananth Kumar told the media that it was not a new practice.
The Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs, chaired by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, met on Wednesday and decided that the session would end on January 5, sources said. The BJP, however, rejected the Congress's tirade as a "chorus of baseless allegations". The letter said, "We seek to draw your attention to the inordinate delay by the government in convening the Winter Session of Parliament without ascribing any justification for doing so".
Addressing the meeting of the Congress working committee (CWC) last week, Sonia also accused the government of being "ill prepared" to implement the goods and services tax (GST), which she described as a "flawed" tax regime.
The Parliament session will begin a day after the second and final phase of polling for the Gujarat assembly election.
Barcelona draws 0-0 at Juventus to seal top spot in group
Ernesto Valverde says he left Lionel Messi out of the Barcelona starting line-up against Juventus as he felt he needed a rest. Juventus will be desperately looking for a big win to lift their confidence after defeat to Sampdoria at the weekend.
Taking on the Congress, senior BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad had asserted that Assembly polls have often played a role in fixing timing of sessions.
The government on Friday announced that the Winter Session of Parliament will commence from December 15.
"The country expects that the bills pertaining to these two issues will come to Parliament in this session".
He said he was shocked to see Congress' growing affection towards dignity of the Parliament, while taking a jibe at party vice-president Rahul Gandhi's attendance in the Lok Sabha.
- Ohio State comes back to down MI
- Will Move Supreme Court On AIADMK's 2 Leaves Symbol, Says TTV Dhinakaran
- Despite victory against Argentina, Nigeria drops 9 places in Federation Internationale de Football Association ranking
- Manchester United players not to blame for Basel loss, says Jose Mourinho
- N. Korea Says US Will Pay for Provocative Actions Against Regime
- Price, launch offers, more
- Robinho sentenced to 9 years in prison over sexual assault
- At Least 155 Killed, 120 Injured in Egypt Mosque Attack
- Bali volcano starts ERUPTING as smoke and ash billows into air
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Whitman To Step Down; Forecast Light