The 2019 QX50's profile is also nearly identical to the concept. The second-generation Infiniti QX50 promises world-first technologies, stand-out design and class-leading interior space - it will take on class incumbents BMW X3, Mercedes-Benz GLC and the Audi Q5.
Given the medium SUV segment is booming, there is little doubt the auto will make it to Australia, especially given Infiniti has no entrant locally and remains a sales minnow here.
Infiniti has revealed its new mid-size SUV, the QX50, ahead of its official unveiling at the Los Angeles Motor Show next week.
As for the interior, Infiniti says it features high-quality materials and "advanced craftsmanship" to make it welcoming and comfortable for its passengers.
Infiniti's new VC-Turbo engine is the first to have the ability to change its compression ratio on the fly to adapt to performance and efficiency needs. The 2-litre turbocharged unit is able to adjust its compression ratio to optimise both power and efficiency, giving it similar torque to a four-cylinder diesel engine.
"The QX50 is the most important vehicle we have ever launched, and it embodies everything the brand stands for: handsome design, advanced technology and empowering performance".
Under the hood the 2019 QX50 will be powered by a new 2.0L four-cylinder engine with variable compression technology that generates 268 horsepower and 280 lb-ft. of torque.
"The QX50 is the most important vehicle we have ever launched, and it embodies everything the brand stands for: handsome design, advanced technology and empowering performance", said Christian Meunier, Infiniti Global Division Vice President. The new QX50 loses its rear-wheel-drive proportions, but gains roughly 20 percent more cargo volume behind the second row.
Underneath the more upright sheet metal of the QX50 is a new front-wheel-drive platform for Infiniti, a fundamental shift from the outgoing model that was based on a rear-wheel drive platform. The 2019 QX50 also has ProPilot Assist technologies supporting single lane highway driving.
Families donate their holiday morning to deliver meals to the needy
Delivering the food boxes is a longstanding tradition between the Union Rescue Mission and Wichita police. Many families got the chance to sit down with loved ones and celebrate the holiday.
- Who Is Dabrett Black? Texas DPS Trooper Shooting Suspect Arrested
- Despite victory against Argentina, Nigeria drops 9 places in Federation Internationale de Football Association ranking
- Westbrook's 34 points lead Thunder past Warriors, 108-91
- Ohio State comes back to down MI
- Chiefs shockingly sign 32-year-old, 7-time Pro Bowler Darrelle Revis
- Xbox Store Black Friday deals available until November 27
- Robinho sentenced to 9 years in prison over sexual assault
- Lawyers hold anti-Pak protest over Hafiz Saeed release
- United Kingdom cities told they can't be European Capital of Culture post Brexit
- Derrick Rose Taking Leave From Cavs, Contemplating Retirement