The decision comes as a shot in the arm for Tamil Nadu's ruling party led by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami and Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam ahead of crucial local body elections expected to be announced soon.
The 83-page EC order relied mainly on the principle of higher legislative and organizational strength to allot the symbol.
Palaniswami told reporters that their faction had provided all the necessary documents and affidavits to prove that it had the claim for it on its majority strength in various party fora.
ECI alloted the "two leaves" symbol to the Panneerselvam-Palaniswami combine, holding that it enjoyed majority in the party's legislative and organisational wings.Putting an end to the almost one year-long dispute between the warring factions.
Facebook Will Show Users Which Russian Propaganda Pages They've 'Liked' And Followed
Roughly 126 million users in the U.S. may have seen posts linked to the Internet Research Agency, Facebook said in its testimony. Facebook has announced a new policy for the end of the year: When it comes to Russian Federation , digital ads serve you.
Dinakaran said, "Election Commission did not function in independent manner".
The OPS faction challenged Sasikala's appointment saying she did not fulfil the requirement of continuous/uninterrupted membership of the party for five years.
He alleged that the EC acted in a partisan manner and according to the Centre's wish while deciding the row over the two-leaves party symbol.
Alleging that the EC was biased towards the EPS-OPS faction and allegedly acted at the Centre's behest, Dinakaran said, "The Commission did not act neutrally".
Dinakaran said that he will contest the R.K. Nagar bypoll and after winning, he will retrieve the party symbol.
This happened when Palaniswami was with the Sasikala-Dhinakaran faction, who later in August, joined hands with Panneerselvam after deserting Sasikala and her clan. In the following months, forced by political compulsions and in a bid to salvage the party symbol, both the factions made a decision to patch up by sidelining VK Sasikala and her nephew TTV Dinakaran.
- Chiefs shockingly sign 32-year-old, 7-time Pro Bowler Darrelle Revis
- Aston Martin reveals aggressive new Vantage
- Radioactive Cloud Originated in Russia: What Might Have Caused It?
- Manchester United players not to blame for Basel loss, says Jose Mourinho
- Families donate their holiday morning to deliver meals to the needy
- Trump Jokes He Won't Undo Obama Turkey Pardon
- USA experiencing major Christmas tree shortage
- Bomb blast kills worshippers in Adamawa mosque
- N. Korea Says US Will Pay for Provocative Actions Against Regime
- U.S. wants PLO's Washington office to stay open -State Dept.