He said he has seen more farms getting out of the Christmas tree business in recent years.
"Sadly, the trees are going to raise (in price) a little bit more because there is a high demand and low supply", Stetson said.
Fraser firs, the "Cadillac of Christmas trees" are in short supply across the nation. You may be able to get approximate prices from the farm before you set out to cut the tree. Buying a tree two weeks earlier also means two extra weeks of twinkling Christmas lights and the aroma of pine in your living room.
Would you try the controversial Christmas tree trend this year?
"If you go A-Z in the Christmas tree growers director, there is nobody", said Joe Shadle, owner of J&T Trees, which operates six Christmas tree lots on the Wasatch Front.
"The trees this year have done a really well".
OH governor candidate brags of his sexual exploits
Al Franken and Senate candidate Roy Moore , have been about sexual misconduct, from harassment to assault. O'Neill's comments are just the latest in a line of decisions that have been the subject of condemnation.
Petersen, in Riverton, said he, too, reluctantly raised prices for premium trees this year, though he added that he felt blessed to have solid relationships with suppliers who opted to "cut throats on the big guys", rather than shorting his farm.
Make sure your vehicle is equipped to carry the tree home.
Some North Carolina tree farmers are saying you might be paying more for a tree for the next few years.
Each holiday season, half a million Christmas trees are harvested from private tree farms in Minnesota, contributing about $30 million to the state's economy. Don't drive a sports auto to a tree farm to transport a 7-foot fir back to the city. Owner Jessie Huntley says despite a drier year their trees are in good shape. To offset potential demand this year they've purchased some taller trees from another farm.
According to a report from GWD Forestry, the shortage of popular-sized trees could last until 2025. The study noted that the number of Christmas trees being planted across the country has also dropped dramatically; falling from 5.6 million in 2010 to 3.7 million in 2015. "We're trying to bring in trees to help that. but hopefully in the near future, we can grow enough to take care of it".
- Argentina Navy: Missing Sub 'Had Called To Report Breakdown'
- USA deploys unmanned submersibles in Argentine submarine search
- What Lincoln Riley said about Baker Mayfield, punishment
- Trump declares North Korea a state sponsor of terror
- Leaving for the Holidays? Record Travel Expected for Thanksgiving
- North Korea rules out negotiations on nuclear weapons
- DOJ sues to challenge AT&T-Time Warner merger
- Early Amazon deals LIVE on PS4 games, Xbox One S bundles
- Trump Jokes He Won't Undo Obama Turkey Pardon
- Radioactive Cloud Originated in Russia: What Might Have Caused It?