"So Tater and Tot, you can rest easy", Trump joked.
One pardonee, referred to as "Drumstick" by the White House, is a heavy-set, white male with a wingspan of about five feet.
"Drumstick, you are hereby pardoned", Trump told the bird.
The 45-pound birds are officially named "Drumstick" and "Wishbone," but the 4-H team getting them ready for the White House nicknamed the pair "Bow" and "Tie". There they will join Tater and Tot, the two turkeys pardoned previous year by President Obama.
He then said "Hi" to the lucky turkey and stated he "is going to be very happy".
Quake of magnitude 6.4 strikes near New Caledonia
The United States Geological Survey said the quake struck 51 miles east of the Loyalty Islands at 9.43am local time (10.43pm GMT).
The birds from western Minnesota will be pardoned by President Donald Trump on Tuesday. As for "strut style", Drumstick does his thing "tall and proud" and Wishbone's more of a "strong shuffle".
The hotel stay is paid for by the National Turkey Federation, which supplies two turkeys each year for the presidential pardoning ceremony at the White House.
In 1865, White House reporter Noah Brooks recounted an anecdote Lincoln told him: A live turkey was brought home for Christmas dinner, but Lincoln's son interceded on behalf of the animal. "He refused; he was a tough cookie".
"Names for each were suggested by people from around the world and this morning, we are introducing you, for the first time, to Wishbone and Drumstick", Wittenburg said as the crowd clapped and the turkeys loudly gobbled.
"Today I am going to be a much nicer President", he said, also offering thanks to the troops and first responders during the event.
- DOJ sues to challenge AT&T-Time Warner merger
- Tesla Charges Up to $250000 for Resurrected Roadster Sports Car
- Leaving for the Holidays? Record Travel Expected for Thanksgiving
- President Trump fires back at father of UCLA basketball player
- What Lincoln Riley said about Baker Mayfield, punishment
- Couple tie the knot across US-Mexico barrier
- North Korea rules out negotiations on nuclear weapons
- Apple delays the release of HomePod,
- Miss India Manushi Chhillar Wins Miss World 2017
- Feds charge Iranian hacker with stealing HBO files