"He said he wanted to be a police officer, he was a hard working guy, such a positive young man", Lutz said of his former player.
Authorities said the suspect, Rahmael Sal Holt, 29, got out of his vehicle and ran away after Shaw pulled him over. Authorities urge anyone with information to call 911.
Authorities say the 25-year-old Shaw was shot in the chest while chasing Holt on foot.
A $43,500 reward is being offered for information leading to Holt's arrest. "We need to find the person who did this", Police Chief Jim Klein said.
New Kensington is about 18 miles (29 kilometers) northeast of Pittsburgh.
Trump criticizes Franken, remains silent on Roy Moore
She relived her harrowing experience with Franken for KABC. "And none of us should get ahead of that", she added. Dubbing the Senator "Frankenstein" the President is finding his tweets are getting a mixed reaction.
Officers from Westmoreland County and neighboring Allegheny County, as well as Pittsburgh police, combed the area overnight and processed the scene, CNN affiliate KDKA reported.
"I can tell you standing there listening to the officers share stories about how he was vibrant, how he brought smiles and entertainment and wit and humor into their lives, he was obviously a very special person just by listening to how they talked about him", Limani told reporters.
Later on Friday, police found a brown, older model Jeep Grand Cherokee that was needed as evidence in the investigation, according to Fox News.
Limani would not discuss other details of the case, including the reason for the traffic stop, saying it could compromise the ongoing investigation.
He's accused of killing New Kensington Officer Brian Shaw during a traffic stop Friday night.
- Meek Mill's lawyers file documents asking judge to step aside
- OH governor candidate brags of his sexual exploits
- Thanksgiving travel to grow, despite higher gas prices
- Sessions' Justice Department Must Investigate the Clintons' Russian Uranium One Scandal
- Google Maps To Launch Brand New Design
- Bills consider switch back to Tyrod Taylor at quarterback
- Apple delays the release of HomePod,
- Twitter warns some accounts may lose verification
- Video Showing NFL Owner Jerry Jones Making Racial Comment Surfaces
- Hansraj Ahir condemns Farooq Abdullah's PoK remark