Soon after Congress released the first list of 77 candidates for the upcoming Gujarat Assembly Elections, the clash broke out in some parts of the poll-bound state between Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) workers and the main Opposition party on Sunday.
A week ago PAAS leaders and senior Congress leader Kapil Sibal held a meeting over the issue, following which, Hardik Patel had said he was satisfied with the three options submitted by the Congress on how the party would grant reservation to Patels if voted to power.
While polling for 89 constituencies will be held on December 9, remaining 93 seats will go to polls on December 14.
"We'll rethink about extending our support to them (Congress), who are shirking their responsibility".
Only two PAAS members were given tickets by Congress, while the Hardik Patel-led organisation had originally demanded 20. "The PAAS has demanded around 20 seats while the OBC group led by Alpesh Thakore has staked claim to around 12 to 15 seats", party sources said.
Wings roll over Flames in testy win
He added that the way the rule is written, it doesn't give the league "any ability to apply judgment because it's so black and white".
PAAS leaders threatened protests against Congress if it failed to give a decisive formula on the issue.
"I have declared it earlier and I am declaring it today as well that I will not fight Gujarat assembly elections", Solanki said.
The two who have been given tickets are Lalit Vasoya from Dhoraji and Amit Thummar from Junagadh seat. "They may meet tomorrow and resolve all issues".
To a question related to tickets, Bamania said that there was discussion on ticket.
PAAS leader Dinesh Bambhaniya said the Congress has invited them for a meeting this evening wherein the quota issue would be discussed with state Congress leaders. Solanki was quick to point out that the list carrying his signature was fake as Congress releases its candidates from Delhi after being cleared by the party's Central Election Committee.
- James Franco to Star in 'X-Men' Spinoff 'Multiple Man'
- Bills consider switch back to Tyrod Taylor at quarterback
- Tesla Charges Up to $250000 for Resurrected Roadster Sports Car
- UM QB Brandon Peters Carted Off Field, Evaluated For Head Injury
- OH governor candidate brags of his sexual exploits
- Quake of magnitude 6.4 strikes near New Caledonia
- Kim Kardashian Didn't Invite Her Surrogate to Her Baby Shower-Here's Why
- President Trump fires back at father of UCLA basketball player
- IAF commando, five militants killed in J&K gunfight
- Trump criticizes Franken, remains silent on Roy Moore