20-year-old Kashmiri youth, Majid Arshid Khan, a footballer who had joined Lashkar-e-Taiba, has surrendered to the security forces. "The current development is evident to this claim", a local news agency stated quoting Abdullah Ghaznavi, LeT spokesperson.
Chief Minister, Mehbooba Mufti, said that it was "mother's love" which has prevailed and forced Majid to surrender so that he could return to his family.
Kashmir IG Muneer Ahmad Khan said in a statement, "It is our honest endeavor that these misguided youth come back and join the mainstream". "We respected the mother's call".
"If, under any circumstances, Majid is martyred by police under the disguise of fake encounter, then the sons of the very police officers will bear severe consequences", he said.
Lord Of The Rings Prequel TV Show Is Happening, Amazon To Produce
Amazon will certainly survive if it gambles on Lord of the Rings and falls short of taking the crown away from Game of Thrones . Collectively the three " Lord of the Rings " films directed by Peter Jackson grossed more than $2.9 billion internationally.
In Majid's case, his close friend Yawar Nisar joining militancy in July and eventually getting killed a month later, inspired the footballer to join militant ranks.
According to police, Majid had made contact with overground militant workers and joined LeT. "Every time a youngster resorts to violence, it is his family which suffers the most", she tweeted. "Although, most importantly, I would like to complement fearless boy Majid Khan himself who chose to shun the path of violence and get back to the mainstream", he said. Even some of Majid's friends have written posts on his Facebook timeline appealing him to return home as his parents are inconsolable and can't bear the pain of joining his militancy.
The objective of current Jammu and Kashmir rehabilitation policy is to offer facility to those terrorists who undergo a change of heart and eschew the path of violence and who also accept the integrity of India and Indian Constitution to encourage them join the mainstream and lead a normal life and contribute towards prosperity and progress of the State as well as the Nation.
"But the choice to renounce violence is not an easy one and they find themselves between the devil and the deep blue sea. Hope he can go back to leading a normal life and not be harassed".
- Trump to Nominate Alex Azar as HHS Secretary
- Keystone pipeline leaks 210K gallons of oil in South Dakota
- Airbus secures its biggest deal valued at $50 bn for 430 planes
- Patrick J. Adams, Meghan Markle Leaving 'Suits' After Seven Seasons
- Millions face starvation in Yemen as Saudi refuses to reopen Hodeideh port
- Subject now suspect after new video surfaces from Seminole Heights
- Back-to-work legislation to end Ontario college strike delayed until Friday
- Is The Weeknd back with Bella Hadid?
- OnePlus 5T Launched: Price, Specifications And Availability
- Meek Mill's lawyers file documents asking judge to step aside