The others in their party disarmed Abdirahaman and restrained him until police arrived a few minutes later.
Mahad Abdiaziz Abdirahaman a 20 year old Minnesota man has been named as the individual who Sunday evening went on a stabbing spree during a 'botched' stealing attempt Bloomington's Mall of America. The second victim was stabbed after trying to intervene.
Speaking at a news briefing Sunday night, Bloomington Police officials described how the suspect snuck into the men's room - as they were modeling outfits for friends outside - and tried swiping some of their belongings.
Kim Schwieters told the newspaper she saw armed police running into the department store and her daughter spotted people lying on the ground before police told shoppers to clear the area.
Dream Chaser passes a big milestone with a successful glide test landing
Along with SpaceX and Orbital ATK, Sierra Nevada is under contract from NASA for as many as six cargo flights to the station. The company also has a contract with the United Nations to launch payloads into orbit on the Dream Chaser.
A statement by the department on its Twitter page also announced the unnamed suspect, who was identified as an adult male, was taken into custody.
Police said their injuries were non life-threatening. "He got me!'. I knew something was not right", Situma wrote.
Abdirahaman reportedly began stabbing the person when he or she noticed the theft and confronted the suspect.
Some shoppers tweeted about the incident, saying they hid underneath clothing racks and other places. "Kind of drew attention to himself".
- Misfiring Italy fail to reach World Cup as Sweden go through
- Congress to keep struggling for 18% GST cap: Rahul
- Rupert Murdoch twice discussed CNN with AT&T CEO
- You can now download Google's Files Go app from the Play Store
- Customers May Not Get Benefits of Slashed GST Rates At Restaurants
- Eminem releases new single 'Walk On Water' featuring Beyonce
- SBI Q2 profit Rs1,582 crore, misses estimates
- Index of Industrial Production registers growth in September
- Philippine President Duterte serenades Trump at ASEAN gala
- Qualcomm has rejected Broadcom's $130 billion 'unsolicited proposal'