He says the company will be held accountable and Missouri is not giving Google a free pass. Hawley said that his preliminary investigation suggests that Google may not be accurately disclosing how much data it collects about customers and that people don't have a meaningful choice to opt out of Google's data collection.
Missouri's attorney general says his office will investigate Google for potential violations of the state's antitrust and consumer-protection laws. "Google leverages this user information as part of its highly profitable online advertising business, and it also may sell certain user information to third parties". It's also looking into allegations that the company manipulates search results to favor its own websites over competitors', which has been the subject of recent scrutiny in Europe.
Philippine President Duterte serenades Trump at ASEAN gala
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is another key backer of Duterte, with the pair having established a warm relationship. Asked if he will discuss EJKs with the U.S President? "I don't care about human rights, believe me".
In the announcement, Hawley's office emphasized the historic $2.7 billion in fines leveled by the European Union against Google for its anti-trust practices and a complaint filed by the Electronic Privacy Information Center with the Federal Trade Commission on Google's consumer tracking practices.
In addition to online users' location, device information, cookie data, online queries, and website history, Hawley says it is estimated that Google has access to 70% of all card transactions in the United States.
National regulators last probed Google in 2013, when the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) reached a settlement with the internet company.
- SBI Q2 profit Rs1,582 crore, misses estimates
- Arsenal aim to finish above Tottenham, says Wilshere
- You can now download Google's Files Go app from the Play Store
- Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon To Headline New Apple Original Series
- Elliott falls just short of earning championship spot
- AJ Styles beats Jinder Mahal to become WWE Champion
- Congress to keep struggling for 18% GST cap: Rahul
- Israeli Patriot Missile Shoots Down Syrian UAV
- Injustice 2 Adds the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for Fighter Pack 3
- Pokemon Go Creators to make Harry Potter Augmented Reality Game