After 13 players were missing from his last England squad, the former Middlesbrough boss has been hit with a series of withdrawals for the forthcoming games with Germany and Brazil, too.
Southgate's biggest problem as he prepares for next summer's World Cup is the centre of his midfield and Hodgson would do him a major favour by taking Wilshere to Selhurst Park and playing him regularly.
"We bought [Mesut] Ozil and these players".
Ex-Eagles boss Alan Pardew failed to land Wilshere in a loan swoop at the the beginning of last season.
Wenger has played Wilshere as a No 10 this season. With Hodgson's successor, Gareth Southgate, stating that he can't consider Wilshere because of his lack of game time, such a move would make sense.
Stephen King and Chrissy Teigen Lead the 280 Character Rebellion on Twitter
All Twitter (NYSE: TWTR ) users now have the ability to tweet using 280 characters , double the previous 140-character limit. But those who did use the longer tweets , got more followers, more engagement and spent more time on the site, it added.
"But I want to be clear, I really like Jack Wilshere as a player".
"I don't think Jack is a 10".
"I am hoping that we are in a position in March where we can pick him".
"I've been here 10 years, I love this club and feel like I have a special relationship with the fans", Wilshere told Standard Sport. "I'm a proud Englishman and I want to be playing whenever I can". The midfielder has suffered so many injuries but now is the time for him to really kick on and break into the first-team to prove he is good enough to play for England again. "I've been playing quite a lot of football and I'm happy with where I am fitness wise but I want to be playing for Arsenal in the league".
"At the moment I'm concentrating on getting into the Premier League team".
- Uber Wants To Bring Its Flying Taxis To Traffic-Congested Los Angeles
- Barcelona Back At Table With Liverpool For Philippe Coutinho
- Kevin Spacey dropped from film after fresh sexual allegations
- First openly transgender woman of color elected to public office in US
- Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon To Headline New Apple Original Series
- Olympic Medalist Aly Raisman Says Larry Nassar Sexually Abused Her
- Hope Solo Accuses Former FIFA President Sepp Blatter of Sexual Assault
- Hulu App Released for Nintendo Switch
- Rupert Murdoch twice discussed CNN with AT&T CEO
- Congress to keep struggling for 18% GST cap: Rahul