While little is known about Harry Potter: Wizard's Unite yet, casting spells and fighting legendary beasts is among the fun that will come with the game.
Despite previously denying that it had any plans to make a Harry Potter AR game, Niantic has partnered with Warner Bros.
Like Pokemon GO, it's pretty safe to assume that Wizards Unite will have a strong community aspect to it. "With Portkey Games, we are thrilled to answer the fans' requests for more games inspired by J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World", said Haddad.
HBO also happens to be owned by Time Warner, the same parent company that owns Warner Bros., which produced the Harry Potter films.
To celebrate the announcement, HBO released a short, animated video featuring the Marauder's Map that Harry receives in Prisoner of Azkaban.
Davidson's graduation success rate ties for 2nd nationally
Analysis of the 2011-12 class suggests that Purdue's GSR will improve to the department goal of 85 percent in the spring of 2018. The rates are a four-year rolling average, so athletes who began in 2007 through 2010 are included in the current numbers.
Software company Niantic Labs is basing this new game on the universe of Harry Potter, an equally massive cultural obsession. There's no release date yet though and we'll have to wait until next year to find out more details.
Much like Pokemon Go, the game will use augmented reality to turn the world around us into the world of Harry, Hermione, the bloke from Cracker and the rest of the gang.
The new division is named after an already existing concept found in the Wizarding World, Portkeys.
"At Niantic, our goal is to leverage technology to create real world experiences that help people to discover the wonderful, and often magical parts of the world around them", said Hanke in the prepared statement. Whatever the mechanics of the game, with the Harry Potter franchise extremely large fanbase, it's safe to say there will be a lot of interest in this game.
- IOS 11 has a weird bug that is driving people insane
- AJ Styles beats Jinder Mahal to become WWE Champion
- IOS 11.1.1 update now available, includes 'i' autocorrect fix
- Danica Roem elected Virginia's first openly transgender state official
- EU's Vestager seeking details on Apple's recent tax set-up
- Patriots Claim TE Martellus Bennett Off Waivers
- Study shows sheep recognise human faces
- Uber Wants To Bring Its Flying Taxis To Traffic-Congested Los Angeles
- ESPN Streaming Service Set to Launch in Spring of 2018
- Freebies for Vets on Veterans Day