After releasing a pair of forgettable series that failed to gain any type of traction - Planet of the Apps and a Carpool Karaoke spinoff - Apple last month finally stepped up to the plate and inked a multi-million dollar deal to revive the 80s sci-fi adventure series Amazing Stories.
That very tempting scripted TV project about morning news shows starring Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon of course got picked up, and Apple was the bidding war victor. Coincidentally, Netflix also made a splash in the original scripted series space by outbidding traditional networks with a two-season straight-to-series order for a hotly pursued drama package that had a big star attached, House Of Cards. Also, the words! As of this moment it's a series without a script.
The show will be Aniston's first regular series role since "Friends" ended in 2004, and Witherspoon's first ever in an ongoing show.
Facebook Working On Method To Prevent Revenge Porn
Facebook promises that your naked selfies will be safe with it; it has said that it will not store users' photos on any of its servers.
The untitled Aniston-Witherspoon drama hails from Michael Ellenberg's Media Res studio, Aniston's Echo Films and Witherspoon's Hello Sunshine banner. Media Res, Aniston and Witherspoon are the principle owners of the show.
Brian Stelter, CNN host and "Top of the Morning: Inside the Cutthroat World of Morning TV" author, will serve as a consultant on the show. (She earned an Emmy nomination for her performance on HBO's "Big Little Lies" earlier this year and shared in its victory for best limited series as one of its producers.) Heck, the show even has a "House of Cards" alum (Jay Carson) as its showrunner.
Reimagining the original anthology, Amazing Stories, executive produced by Spielberg in partnership with Bryan Fuller, "will transport the audience to worlds of wonder through the lens of today's most imaginative filmmakers, directors and writers".
- Kevin Spacey dropped from film after fresh sexual allegations
- Study shows sheep recognise human faces
- Rail chaos: Southern drivers end 18-month strike
- Apple is reportedly making an AR headset to compete with HoloLens
- Melania and Donald Trump appear to not hold hands in China
- Rays' Evan Longoria wins third Golden Glove Award
- Patriots Claim TE Martellus Bennett Off Waivers
- Hulu App Released for Nintendo Switch
- The Queen's Offshore Investments Spark Controversy in Britain
- Barcelona Back At Table With Liverpool For Philippe Coutinho