After releasing a pair of forgettable series that failed to gain any type of traction - Planet of the Apps and a Carpool Karaoke spinoff - Apple last month finally stepped up to the plate and inked a multi-million dollar deal to revive the 80s sci-fi adventure series Amazing Stories.
That very tempting scripted TV project about morning news shows starring Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon of course got picked up, and Apple was the bidding war victor. Coincidentally, Netflix also made a splash in the original scripted series space by outbidding traditional networks with a two-season straight-to-series order for a hotly pursued drama package that had a big star attached, House Of Cards. Also, the words! As of this moment it's a series without a script.
The show will be Aniston's first regular series role since "Friends" ended in 2004, and Witherspoon's first ever in an ongoing show.
Study shows sheep recognise human faces
A sheep "model" of Huntington's disease has been bred, displaying similar brain and social changes as witnessed in human patients. Celebrity profile photos were randomly paired with images of one of 62 objects, all head-sized but lacking faces.
The untitled Aniston-Witherspoon drama hails from Michael Ellenberg's Media Res studio, Aniston's Echo Films and Witherspoon's Hello Sunshine banner. Media Res, Aniston and Witherspoon are the principle owners of the show.
Brian Stelter, CNN host and "Top of the Morning: Inside the Cutthroat World of Morning TV" author, will serve as a consultant on the show. (She earned an Emmy nomination for her performance on HBO's "Big Little Lies" earlier this year and shared in its victory for best limited series as one of its producers.) Heck, the show even has a "House of Cards" alum (Jay Carson) as its showrunner.
Reimagining the original anthology, Amazing Stories, executive produced by Spielberg in partnership with Bryan Fuller, "will transport the audience to worlds of wonder through the lens of today's most imaginative filmmakers, directors and writers".
- IOS 11 has a weird bug that is driving people insane
- Meek Mill Sentenced to 2-4 Years in Prison for Probation Violations
- Pokemon Go Creators to make Harry Potter Augmented Reality Game
- Is the Justice Department trying to force a sale of CNN?
- Uber Wants To Bring Its Flying Taxis To Traffic-Congested Los Angeles
- Kevin Spacey accused in incident involving former Boston TV anchor relative
- EU's Vestager seeking details on Apple's recent tax set-up
- Hope Solo Accuses Former FIFA President Sepp Blatter of Sexual Assault
- Davidson's graduation success rate ties for 2nd nationally
- Rail chaos: Southern drivers end 18-month strike