"In fact, as we expand our fleet, we will be hiring more Drivers and Guards to help deliver more and better services for passengers".
The November 14th strike date will clash with the Ireland v Denmark World Cup play-off at Lansdowne Road.
Mick Cash, general secretary of the RMT, said: "RMT members stand solid, united and determined again this morning in the latest phase of strike action in a raft of separate disputes which are about putting safety, security and access to transport services before the profiteering".
Members of the Aslef union voted by 79.1% to accept the resolution, which includes a five-year pay increase worth 28.5%, the BBC says.
Four other railway lines - South Western Railway, Greater Anglia, Merseyrail and Arriva Rail North - will continue to take industrial action over the role of guards, with strikes taking place today and Thursday, reports ITV News. The on-board service concept has been welcomed by our passengers across the board.
TJ Dillashaw: Demetrious Johnson can't run from fight now
White on Demetrious Johnson wanting $2 million for a possible fight with Dillashaw: "He's a partner in the pay-per-view". TJ Dillashaw won the UFC Bantamweight Title when he defeated Cody Garbrandt in the co-main event of UFC 217 .
'This dispute is not about jobs or safety - employees have been guaranteed jobs and salaries.
Shadow transport secretary Andy McDonald said in a letter that guards are vital for duties such as helping passengers who need assistance. "The independent rail regulator has said driver-controlled trains, which have been used in this country for more than 30 years, are safe", the spokesman added. We are pleased with a resolution which, we believe, works for the staff and the company, and we now look forward to working with Southern Rail to restore good industrial relations and deliver the service passengers in the region deserve.
Labor has already told the five rail operators that the party will halt any future plans to extend driver-only operations if it wins the next general election.
"I remain concerned that in the event of a train evacuation, derailment or incapacitated driver, the absence of a guard to assist could leave passengers at risk", McDonald said. "The travelling public will not thank them for another round of disruptive and unnecessary strike action".
At Britain's busiest station, London Waterloo, "contingency guards" working for the train operator were operating some trains.
- Apple is reportedly making an AR headset to compete with HoloLens
- Kevin Spacey accused in incident involving former Boston TV anchor relative
- Waymo pulls engineer from driver's seat on public roads
- Alarming rise in pollution: Schools in Delhi to remain closed on Wednesday
- Italy legend Pirlo announces retirement from professional football
- Sleep deprivation impairs you as much as being drunk
- Pulwama encounter: Nephew slain, Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Masood Azhar next?
- Facebook Working On Method To Prevent Revenge Porn
- EU's Vestager seeking details on Apple's recent tax set-up
- Pueblo officials confirm first two flu cases of the this season