Rapper Meek Mill will be heading to prison because a Philadelphia judge ruled Monday that he violated his probation in two separate incidents in the past year.
Brinkley handed down the sentence to a stunned courtroom of Meek Mill supporters. Based on two arrests this year - one for fighting at an airport in St. Louis, one for recklessly driving a dirt bike in Manhattan - he was deemed to have violated the terms of his parole, dating to a 2008 drug and firearms conviction. Charges were dropped in the first case and the rapper took a dismissal deal in the second. Due to such a connection, amidst a meeting in chambers a year ago, the judge requested Meek to do a cover of Boyz II Men's "On Bended Knee" and suggested the rapper give her a shout out on the record.
Recall that JAY-Z, who runs Roc Nation, the management company that Mill is signed with, also called the sentence "unjust and heavy handed". Rapper JAY-Z wrote in a note on social media that the sentence is "unjust and heavy handed".
Facebook Working On Method To Prevent Revenge Porn
Facebook promises that your naked selfies will be safe with it; it has said that it will not store users' photos on any of its servers.
Mill's attorney Joe Tacopina also blasted Genece Brinkley, who's the judge in the case, especially since the prosecutors didn't recommend any jail time at all. You gave me the ladder to do what I have to do to prevail in my struggle.
T.I. penned, "Was wit u then & WE STILL WIT U NOW!" According to Hov, who chronicled systemic injustice in his Kalief Browder documentary last winter, Meek's sentence is just another tragic symptom of a deeply flawed justice system.
"Every time I go to probation it's a new thing", he wrote in now deleted tweets. "We will always stand by and support Meek Mill, both as he attempts to right this wrongful sentence and then in returning to his musical career". "God sometimes puts the toughest battles on his strongest shoulders". Many have implied that a racist justice system is to blame, but the rapper's lawyers believe there could be something more personal at work.
- Alarming rise in pollution: Schools in Delhi to remain closed on Wednesday
- TJ Dillashaw: Demetrious Johnson can't run from fight now
- No Melbourne Cup Day rate cut for RBA
- Wife discovers husband's extramarital affair mid-air, forces pilot to land plane
- Marvel Comments On Brian Michael Bendis' Departure
- Carter Page Coordinated Russia Trip With Top Trump Campaign Officials
- The Queen's Offshore Investments Spark Controversy in Britain
- Boris Johnson admits his remarks 'could have been clearer' about jailed Briton
- Twitter doubles character limit to 280 for (nearly) everyone
- Google Search and Maps Now Show You Estimated Wait Times at Restaurants